This podcast is a discussion with LTC Benjamin K. Potter, Chief of Orthopedics at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Learn more on the following topics as you listen to LTC Potter share his experience as the chief orthopedic surgeon for the amputee care program.
- Indications for amputation / Amputation criteria
- Classifications of Amputations
- Trauma assessment and prioritization of care in the context of amputation
- Amputation vs. limb salvage decisions in the OR
- Preparing the limb for amputation
- Ipsilateral fractures and amputations
- Skin and tissue flap challenges
- Amputations near joints
- Open initial wound management
- Postoperative care of amputations
- Negative pressure wound therapy
Always find the latest at www/deployedmedicine.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. For more information, please visit https://creativecommons.org/.